Its not how fast you heal, but every moment that reminds you of that time, helps you to heal a little more.
It been a long time since I have posted something on here. Mostly because I am lazy but I don't like feeling vulnerable all the time. But this post is something worth posting.
On Christmas morning, December 25, 2011, my husband gave me the best present EVER. It didn't come with a gift receipt or in a box but it totally made my day.
It has been 11 years since my mom has passed and at this point, I can honestly say that I do not remember what she sounds like. Every now and then I can smell perfume that she wore or see an outfit that was similar to her wardrobe or even see someone that reminds me of her but I can not remember what she sounds like. How could I forget that? It seems like I am a bad person for forgetting what my mother sounds like but on Christmas day my husband changed that for me.
Along with telling me that we can go to GERMANY in a few months, he told me to play the VCR (old school, huh? :) ) My aunts wedding ( in 1988) popped up on the screen and there......was my mommy. My beautiful mother, as the maid/matron of honor, walking down the isle. I sooned followed, escorted my my grand dad. This made my day and I thought it was over. I went back to playing with Liberty and Eli told me to press the play button one more time. I did and this time it was at the reception and my aunt was tossing the bouqet (sp?) Then I heard it. After so many years, I heard my mom speak! It was one of the best moments of my life and of course, I started to ball like a baby.
But needless to say, It was a great moment in the day and thank you Eli Rogers for one of the best. presents. ever. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment